2020 – 2021
- Academic year 2020 – 2021: 125 hours, of which the course focus (40 hours) will be: “Protection of Consumers acting in Digital Single Market”. It will be studied the Consumers with regard to their online activities (i.d.: E-commerce Directive 2000/31/CE, and the Directive 93/13/EEC on unfair terms in consumer contracts and the Directive 2002/58/CE on Data protection in the electronic communications sector, as well as, more generally, the European Consumer Protection Policy);
Academic year: 2020 – 2021; 125 hours of frontal lectures and tutorials, plus 12 hours dedicated to seminars and special lectures, plus 8 hours dedicated to workshops. The Course is divided into three Modules (40 hours each), the third Module having a specific focus per year.
Specific module on “Protection of Consumers in the Digital Single Market”.
Seminar and lecture series on “Advanced studies on “Consumer Behavior and Consumer Law”. Workshop on “Legal Design for Transparency in Consumer Contracts”.
I Module: Technologies, Individuals and Risks
- Digital environments and Digital Single Market
- Data and Transactions in digital environments
- Minors, Elderly Persons, Consumers and Embryos: technological development and fundamental right perspective
II Module: The Law of Vulnerable Individuals
- Minors, Elderly Person: Laws in the EU and reform drafts
- Consumers: EU Law about E-commerce and ODR
- Embryos: EU Member States’ legislations about embryos
Module III: Protection of Consumers in the Digital Single Market
- Digital Economy: sharing economy and platforms
- Data Profiling and consumers’ choice
- Effective enforcement in a digital ecosystem: the case of banking contracts.
Academic year: 2020 – 2021
Seminar series “Tutela del consumatore nell’era digitale – Consumer Behaviour and Consumer Law”
Find below the calendar of the seminars:
- Etica e Intelligenza Artificiale nel Consumo dei Servizi Legali (I Parte): 22 aprile 2021 ore 15.30 – 17.00
- Commercio Elettronico e Tutela dei Dati Personali: 29 aprile 2021 ore 15.30 – 17.00
- Etica e Intelligenza Artificiale nel Consumo dei Servizi Legali (II Parte): 6 maggio 2021 ore 15.30 – 17.00
- Etica e Intelligenza Artificiale nel Consumo dei Servizi Legali (III Parte): 13 maggio 2021 ore 15.30 – 17.00
- Tutela Etico-Giuridica del Consumatore in Relazione ai Prodotti Intelligenti: dall’Automazione all’Intelligenza Artificiale: 27 maggio 2021 ore 15.30 – 17.00