2021 – 2022
- Academic year 2021 – 2022: 125 hours, of which the Course focus (40 hours) will be: “Protection of Embryos, unborn children and new forms of life created with new technologies”. As a matter of fact, the main topic of this year will be the embryos, including medically assisted procreation – MAP (Directive 98/44/EC on the Legal Protection of Biotechnological Inventions, and EU Court of Justice, 18 October 2011). At the same time, i his field will be covered the topic of the unborn children and new forms of life created in laboratory (Sheefs – “Synthetic Human Entities with Embryo-like Features) about that a very important role plays the European Group on Ethics in Science and New Technologies (EGE), which is preparing an opinion on gene editing. The request for this opinion was made in a letter from Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science, Carlos Moedas in July 2018.
The detailed program of the a.y. 2021 – 2022 is available on the UNISOB website and is accessible through this link: https://www.unisob.na.it/universita/facolta/giurisprudenza/lepre/programma.asp?vr=1&id=14252
Academic yaar: 2021 – 2022
Seminar series “Procreazione medicalmente assistita e intersezioni tra etica e scienza – Legal aspects of medically assisted procreation and intersection between Ethics and Sciences”
Find below the calendar of the seminars:
- THE QUESTION OF SHEEFS- SYNTHETIC HUMAN ENTITIES WITH EMBRYO-LIKE FEATURES” AND SIMILARITIES: WHAT ARE THE NEW FORMS OF LIFE CREATED IN THE LABORATORY? – 14 April 2022, ore 15.30 – 17.00
- WHAT FATE FOR UNBORN CHILDREN AND SUPERNUMERARY EMBRYOS: RESEARCH OR ADOPTION? – 21 April 2022, 15.30 – 17.00
- SURROGATE UTERUS, ARTIFICIAL UTERUS, EUGENICS: WHAT RIGHT TO PERSONAL IDENTITY? – 27 April 2022, 15.30 – 17.00
- MAP (MEDICALLY ASSISTED PROCREATION) AND ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY: WHAT IS THE POSSIBLE RELATIONSHIP? – 5 April 2022, 15.30 – 17.00
- WHAT ARE BIOTECHNOLOGICAL INVENTIONS AND HOW ARE THEY REGULATED ALSO IN RELATION TO THE PHENOMENON OF HUMAN EXPERIMENTATION? (DIRECTIVE 98/44/EC), 12 May 2022, 15.30 – 17.00
- THE TRANSHUMANISM TOPIC, THAT IS, THE HYBRIDIZATION BETWEEN HUMAN BEINGS AND TECHNOLOGIES (IMPLANTATION OF MICROCHIPS IN THE HUMAN BODY, ETC. ), 19 May 2022, 15.30 – 17.00
Find below the poster of the seminars:
Academic year: 2021 – 2022: 125 hours of frontal lectures and tutorials, plus 12 hours dedicated to seminars and special lectures, plus 8 hours dedicated to workshops. The Course is divided in three Modules (40 hours each), the third Module having a specific focus per year.
Specific Focus of this academic year is on “The Rights of Embryos, unborn children and new forms of life created with new Technologies”.
I Module: Technologies, Individuals and Risks
- Digital environments and Digital Single Markets
- Data and Transactions in digital environments
- Minors, Elderly Persons, Consumers and Embryos: technological development and fundamental right perspective
II Module: The Law of Individuals
- Minors, Elderly Person: Laws in the EU and reform drafts
- Consumers: EU Law about E-commerce and ODR
- Embryos: EU Member States’ legislations about embryos
Module III: The Rights of Embryos, unborn children and new forms of life created with new Technologies
- Artificial Reproduction Technologies and the case of gene editing
- A fundamental right perspective for the protection of life
- Ethical Issues and Economic Interests
Seminar series and Lectures on “Advanced studies on the legal aspects of medically assisted procreation intersection between Ethics and Science”.
Workshop on “National Cases on Human Embryos and the EU Court of Justice”.
Academic year: 2021 – 2022
Workshop Series on “National Cases on Human Embryos and the EU Court of Justice” a.y. 2021/2022 for more details:
Find below the brochure of the workshop held on November 11, 2022:
Find below the brochure of the workshop held on December 20, 2022: