Legal Design for Transparency in Consumer Contracts Online and offline perspectives
October 28 - 08:00
Legal Design for Transparency in Consumer Contracts
Online and offline perspectives
A new chance for the interaction between Academics and Stakeholders
Organised by Jean Monnet Chair PRTOECH, Università degli Studi Suor Orsola Benincasa (UNISOB)
Hosted online on Google Meet Platform on 28th October 2021.
Via Suor Orsola no. 10, 80135 Naples (Italy)
The a.y. 2020-2021 Workshop will put a particular emphasis on:
- straightening the protective approach in European Law regarding the relationship between individuals and technologies, with particular regard to “Legal Design for Transparency in Consumer Contracts” but taking into account a more wide
- encouraging Professors, Researchers, Ph.D. candidates and Young Scholars, to respond to a widely accessible call for papers. The selected papers will be presented during the workshop and published in the European Journal of Privacy Law & Technologies (EJPLT);
- strengthening the international exchange and the dialogue between academics and stakeholders on the workshop topics.
Question to be addressed
Here below there is a list of questions that have the purpose of animating the debate between Stakeholders and Academics. These are example questions that have the purpose of stimulating any debate that would be useful for the innovation and improvement of the business. Therefore, further questions on the topics of the call for papers can be added.
- “How can be implemented the transparency in consumer contracts?
- “How can the bank increase the trust of the client in the relationship with themself?”
- “What is the role of design thinking in relation to products and services innovation?”
- “How can the big tech enterprise adequately protect the consumers’ data?”
- “The big tech enterprise can legally buy the consumers data and, if yes, which content must have the contract?”
- How to ensure greater certainty of roles and legal situations in the relationships undertaken via the online platforms? How to tackle unfair commercial practices?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of online dispute resolution (ODR)?